Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Watching The Latte Factor

Occasionally one does want to treat themselves and purchase that Latte.  On a recent trip, I stopped at my favourite coffee shop and ordered a Grande Tea Misto (half steamed milk and half hot water with favourite tea).  Since my last stop in the Fall, the cost of the Tea Misto had increased by 72%.  A Grande Tea Misto used to cost $2.35 but do to a change in their computer system, the same product two months later now costs $4.05.  The Tea Misto button no longer exists so you are charged as if you received a Latte.

Upon questioning the servers I was informed that it is a full fusion tea bag and hence warranted the extra cost.  I don't know about you, but when the cost of an item increases by 72% because of a change in their cash register system I am not about to frequent my favourite coffee shop any longer.

Maybe it is time to test the waters of Canada's favourite and have a "Double, Double". 

No comments:

Post a Comment